With social media integration being key for online marketing, it is essential that you help your readers share pages and posts easily. This can be accomplished by including social media plugins to your WordPress site. So how to you choose the right one?
To help you with your decision, I have gathered some of the best free and easy to customize social media plugins below:
This WordPress plugin has excellent customization, over 120 supported social media platforms, and abundance of features. ShareThis features include but are not limited to:
- Social Analytics that provides statistics on trends, popular content, social traffic patterns, SQI, shares and clickbacks.
- CopyNShare tracks copy and paste shares by users for both URL’s and conte
- The Hovering Bar remains on the left or right of content even during scrolling.
This WordPress plugin is simple, modern looking, lightweight, and easily integrates to your site. It also supports Retina and high-resolution displays without slowing down your blog. Social Media Feather features include but are not limited to:
- Lightweight social sharing and following.
- Customizable skins with effects like fading and greying out social icons.
- Full customization for URLs and titles for each provider.
This WordPress plugin shows the total share count on Twitter and Facebook. It is inspired by the share buttons that Mashable is currently using on their site. Mashshare features include but are not limited to:
- Auto embedding or manual shortcode into pages and posts.
- No permanent connection required for Twitter, Facebook, and Google+ for sharing.
- High performance caching functionality.
This WordPress plugin is light-weight that adds a horizontal floating share bar to your pages and blog posts. Floating Social Bar features include but are not limited to:
- Fast and slim
- Loads scripts when necessary
- You can drag-and-drop the social buttons you want to display.
This WordPress plugin is eye-catching and simple. Flare features include but are not limited to:
- Control the post types your Flare appears on.
- Displays on the left and right and follows your visitors down the page as they scroll. It also conveniently hide when not needed.
- Add a Follow Me widget
Remember, the 5 social media plugins that I recommend above are only a sample of the numerous options available. WordPress has a plugin directory to assist you in locating the ideal solution. Do you have a great social media plugin that is recommend worthy? Please share in a comment.