Abraham Lincoln embraced the telegraph, a new technology of his day, to spread the word and to stay informed during the Civil War. He actually had a telegraph “hub” installed in the White House to take command and communicate with his generals in almost real-time. His T-Mails were composed of key essential words that were short and to the point. By utilizing the telegraph strategy, Lincoln and his armies won the war.
Today you need to embrace technology and social avenues to spread the word about your business. It is essential to utilize inbound marketing as a “hub” to bring visitors to your website and promote your products and services in order to convince people to purchase them. Be worthy of recognition and win the sales war online.
“Don’t worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition.” – Abraham Lincoln
Be worthy of recognition by promoting your business and drawing customers to your website by embracing inbound marketing. Inbound marketing focuses on utilizing Search Engine Optimization. SEO is the process of getting traffic from search results on search engines. Get noticed now and here is how you can do this:
Create remarkable content. Worthy content attracts links from other websites. This content also will help spread the word on social media sites.
- Write blogs about topics that relate to your business using key searchable words.
- Produce short videos about your business.
- Create online live presentations such as Webinars to engage customers live.
Get found on social media. Social media is an excellent way to reach and engage potential customers.
- Establish an effective online profile.
- Create connections on Facebook, LindedIn, and Twitter to name a few.
- Run contests and give valuable things away for free. Free is always a crowd pleaser.
Convert traffic into prospects and leads. Nurture them so they will become customers by giving your traffic “calls to action”.
- Offer visitors a subscription to your e-mail newsletters.
- Use online forms to collect valuable contact information.
- Provide demo requests to help collect contact information and promote sales.
Track your progress and learn. Measure your failures and successes to know how your marketing activities are working.
- Google analytics is one way you can track and measure visits, leads, and customers
- Track your UTM codes or snippets of text added to the end of your URL.
Now is the time to embrace technology and the strategy of inbound marketing. If you wait, more of your competitors will filtrate the market making it difficult for you to win the war. Get started today and be worthy of recognition and sales.